Duck Meat Recipes
Duck meat recipes
- 4 Brome Lake duck breasts, skin removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 ml (2 tbsp) Brome Lake rendered duck fat
- 1 package (85 g) Brome Lake smoked dried and sliced duck breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) Brome Lake duck stock
- 1 bottle stout or dark beer of your choice
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cloves
- 5 ml (1 tsp) savory
Preheat the oven to 165° C (325° F). Cut the duck breasts into cubes and place on a plate. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Heat the duck fat over medium-high heat in a large ovenproof pan or casserole. Add the smoked dried duck breast and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
Add the garlic and onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the duck cubes and brown them for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the duck stock and beer, and mix. Bring to a boil.
As soon as the stew is boiling, add the rest of the ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook for 2 hours in the oven.
Remove the stew from the oven and let stand 20 minutes before serving on a bed of white rice.